Background and Aims
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
- Population density and risk of inflammatory bowel disease: a prospective population-based study in 13 countries or regions in Asia-Pacific.Am J Gastroenterol. 2019; 114: 107-115
- Progression of inflammatory bowel diseases throughout Latin America and the Caribbean: a systematic review.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020; 18: 304-312
- The global burden of IBD: from 2015 to 2025.Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015; 12: 720-727
- Racial and ethnic minorities with inflammatory bowel disease in the United States: a systematic review of disease characteristics and differences.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2016; 22: 2023-2040
- Incidence of inflammatory bowel disease by race and ethnicity in a population-based inception cohort from 1970 through 2010.Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2019; 121756284819827692
- Prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease among Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries - United States, 2001-2018.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021; 70: 698-701
- Inflammatory bowel disease in African Americans.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2003; 9: 380-385
- Incidence and prevalence of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in Olmsted County, Minnesota from 1970 Through 2010.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017; 15: 857-863
- The current state of care for Black and Hispanic inflammatory bowel disease patients [published online ahead of print, 2022 Jul 11].Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2022;
- Minority representation in clinical trials in the United States: trends over the past 25 years.Mayo Clin Proc. 2021; 96: 264-266
- Efficacy of biological therapies and small molecules in induction and maintenance of remission in luminal Crohn's disease: systematic review and network meta-analysis [published online ahead of print, 2022 Jul 30].Gut. 2022;
- Race and fistulizing perianal Crohn's disease.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2015; 49: e21-e23
- Infliximab for the treatment of fistulas in patients with Crohn's disease.N Engl J Med. 1999; 340: 1398-1405
- Infliximab maintenance therapy for fistulizing Crohn's disease.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 876-885
- Racial disparities in utilization of specialist care and medications in inflammatory bowel disease.Am J Gastroenterol. 2010; 105: 2202-2208
- Disparities in the use of immunomodulators and biologics for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease: a retrospective cohort study.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2008; 14: 13-19
United States Census Bureau. 2019 American community survey demographic and housing 1-year estimates. Released September 17, 2020. Accessed January 5, 2021.
“Hospitals and Clinics.” https://umc.edu/Healthcare/Patients-and-Visitors/Hospitals%20and%20Clinics.html. Accessed January 1, 2022.
United States Census Bureau. 2013-2018 American community survey selected economic characteristics 5-year estimates data profiles. Released December 19, 2019. Accessed July 6, 2020.
- Crohn's disease in an African-American population.Am J Med Sci. 2008; 336: 389-392
- Ethnicity influences phenotype and outcomes in inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of population-based studies.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018; 16 (e11): 190-197
- Inflammatory bowel disease characteristics among African Americans, Hispanics, and non-Hispanic Whites: characterization of a large North American cohort.Am J Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 1012-1023
- Lack of difference in treatment patterns and clinical outcomes between black and white patients with inflammatory bowel disease.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2018; 24: 2634-2640
- Effects of Race and Ethnicity on Diagnosis and Management of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.Gastroenterology. 2021; 160: 677-689
- Racial disparities in surgical outcomes of patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.Am J Surg. 2018 Jun; 215: 1046-1050
- Racial disparities exist in surgical outcomes for patients with inflammatory bowel disease.Am J Surg. 2021 Apr; 221: 668-674
- Systematic review: the role of race and socioeconomic factors on IBD healthcare delivery and effectiveness.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013 Mar; 19: 627-643
- Disease presentation and clinical course in black and white children with inflammatory bowel disease.J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2007; 44: 555-560
- Top-down therapy for IBD: rationale and requisite evidence.Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010; 7: 86-92
- Patient trust-in-physician and race are predictors of adherence to medical management in inflammatory bowel disease.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2009; 15: 1233-1239
- Socioeconomic and psychological factors associated with nonadherence to treatment in inflammatory bowel disease patients: results of the ISSEO survey.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011; 17: 1270-1276
- Patient nonadherence to medication in inflammatory bowel disease.Am J Gastroenterol. 2003; 98: 1535-1544
- Predictors of medication adherence in inflammatory bowel disease.Am J Gastroenterol. 2007; 102: 1417-1426
- Correlates of anemia in American blacks and whites: the REGARDS Renal Ancillary Study.Am J Epidemiol. 2009; 169: 355-364
- Clinical Manifestations of Crohn's Disease in African Americans in a Rural versus Urban Setting [Abstract].Am J Gastroenterol. 2021; 116: S421-S422
Analytics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Center for Informatics and Analytics. Patient Cohort Explorer (PCE). Released May 6, 2020. Accessed September 5.