Abbreviations:CB (cortical blindness), CT (computed tomography), EEG (electroencephalogram), HBV (hepatitis B virus), HCV (hepatitis C virus), HE (hepatic encephalopathy), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), PRES (posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome), VEP (visual evoked potential)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
- Hepatic encephalopathy: lessons from preclinical studies.World J Hepatol. 2019; 11: 173-185
- Cortical blindness induced by hepatic encephalopathy: case report and review of published case reports.Acute Med Surg. 2017; 4: 109-113
- Cortical blindness and hepatic encephalopathy.Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2003; 81: 402-404
- Transient cortical blindness in hepatic encephalopathy.Isr J Med Sci. 1979; 15: 854-856
- Clinical electrophysiological and brain imaging features during recurrent ictal cortical blindness associated with chronic liver failure.Acta Neurol Belg. 2006; 106: 215-218
- Hepatic encephalopathy and reversible cortical blindness.Am J Gastroenterol. 1988; 83: 780-782
- Transient cortical blindness in liver cirrhosis.Dig Dis Sci. 1998; 43: 365-367
- Dichlorvos induced autoimmune hepatitis: a case report and review of literature.Hepat Mon. 2015; 15: 87-90
- Report from Mongolia – how much do we know about the incidence of rare cases in less developed countries?A case series.J Med Case Rep. 2008; 2: 358
- A case presenting with impaired vision due to cortical blindness as a complication of hepatic encephalopathy.Kanzo. 2004; 45: 423-427
- The eyes are useless when the mind is blind: a rare case of Anton-babinski syndrome in hepatic encephalopathy.Am J Med. 2017; 130: e215-e216
- Stage IV hepatic encephalopathy associated with acute blindness after liver transplantation.Pediatr Transplant. 2003; 7: 497-500
- Reversible cortical blindness in a case of hepatic encephalopathy.Med J Dr. D.Y. Patil Univ. 2016; 9: 254-256
- Blindness following rupture of hepatic hydatid cyst: a case report.Adv Med Sci. 2009; 54: 299-301
- Blindness as a complication of hepatic encephalopathy.Wien Med Wochenschr. 2001; 151 (In German with English abstract): 477-480
Q.Q. Feng, Y.X. Huang Hepatic encephalopathy with cortical blindness and cortical deafness: a case report. Jiangxi Medical Journal. 1992;02:121. (in Chinese).
- Relearning to see in cortical blindness.Neuroscientist. 2016; 22: 199-212
- The global burden of liver disease: the major impact of China.Hepatology. 2014; 60: 2099-2108
- Disease burden of liver cancer in China from 1997 to 2016: an observational study based on the Global Burden of Diseases.BMJ Open. 2019; 9e025613
- Clinical meta-analysis of 160 cases of hepatic cortical blindness.J Clin Res. 2022; 29 (26. (in Chinese)): 95-98
- Neural mechanism underlying impaired visual judgement in the dysmetabolic brain: an fMRI study.Neuroimage. 2004; 22: 541-552
- Structural and functional abnormalities of vision-related brain regions in cirrhotic patients: a MRI study.Neuroradiology. 2019; 61: 695-702
- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES): pathophysiology and neuro-imaging.Front Neurol. 2020; : 463
C.E. Dandoy, L.L. Linscott, S.M. Davies, et al. Clinical utility of computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging for diagnosis of posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome after stem cell transplantation in children and adolescents. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2015:21:2028–2032.
- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome-Insight into pathogenesis, clinical variants and treatment approaches.Autoimmun Rev. 2015; 14: 830-836
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for cortical blindness in 42 cases.J Ningxia Med Univ. 2002; 01 (in Chinese): 33-34