Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
- Balanced Crystalloids versus Saline in Noncritically Ill Adults.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 819-828
- Balanced Crystalloids versus Saline in Critically Ill Adults.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 829-839
- Resuscitation Fluids New England.J Med. 2013; 369: 1243-1251
- Regulation of renal blood flow by plasma chloride.J Clin Invest. 1983; 71: 726-735
Kellum J.A., Bellomo R., Kramer D.J., et al. Etiology of metabolic acidosis during saline resuscitation in endotoxemia Shock (Augusta, Ga) 1998;9:364-8.
Halperin M.L., Kamel K.S. Potassium Lancet (London, England) 1998;352:135-40.
- Patterns of intravenous fluid resuscitation use in adult intensive care patients between 2007 and 2014: An international cross-sectional study.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0176292
- Association between the choice of IV crystalloid and in-hospital mortality among critically ill adults with sepsis*.Crit Care Med. 2014; 42: 1585-1591
- Association between intravenous chloride load during resuscitation and in-hospital mortality among patients with SIRS.Intensive Care Med. 2014; 40: 1897-1905
- Intravenous fluid therapy in renal transplant recipients: results of a US survey.Transplant Proc. 2002; 34: 3142-3145
- Serum potassium and adverse outcomes across the range of kidney function: a CKD Prognosis Consortium meta-analysis.Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 1535-1542
- The relation of total body potassium to height, weight, and age in normal adults.J Clin Pathol. 1972; 25: 512-517
- Serum potassium concentration in acidemic states.Nephron. 1981; 27: 233-243
- Acute hyperkalemia induced by hyperglycemia: hormonal mechanisms.Ann Intern Med. 1976; 84: 426-432
- Hyperkalaemia in patients in hospital.British medical journal (Clinical research ed). 1983; 286: 1189-1192
- Association of Abnormal Serum Potassium Levels with Arrhythmias and Cardiovascular Mortality: a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Observational.Studies Cardiovascular drugs and therapy. 2018; 32: 197-212
- How Dangerous Is Hyperkalemia?.Journal of the American Society of Nephrology : JASN. 2017; 28: 3155-3165
- Regulation of Potassium Homeostasis.Clinical journal of the American Society of Nephrology : CJASN. 2015; 10: 1050-1060
van Ypersele de Strihou C. Potassium homeostasis in renal failure Kidney international 1977;11:491-504.
- Hyperkalemia across the Continuum of Kidney Function Clinical journal of the American Society of Nephrology:.CJASN. 2018; 13: 155-157
- The calcineurin inhibitor tacrolimus activates the renal sodium chloride cotransporter to cause hypertension.Nat Med. 2011; 17: 1304-1309
- Association between a chloride-liberal vs chloride-restrictive intravenous fluid administration strategy and kidney injury in critically ill adults.JAMA. 2012; 308: 1566-1572
- Lactated Ringer's vs. normal saline solution for renal transplantation: Systematic review and meta-analysis.Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology. 2015; 43: 194-203
- A Randomized, Double-Blind Comparison of Lactated Ringer's Solution and 0.9% NaCl During Renal.Transplantation Anesthesia & Analgesia. 2005; 100: 1518-1524
- A comparative study of impact of infusion of Ringer's Lactate solution versus normal saline on acid-base balance and serum electrolytes during live related renal transplantation.Saudi journal of kidney diseases and transplantation: an official publication of the Saudi Center for Organ Transplantation, Saudi Arabia. 2012; 23: 135-137
- Effects of Normal Saline vs. Lactated Ringer's during Renal.Transplantation Renal Failure. 2008; 30: 535-539
- The effect of different crystalloid solutions on acid-base balance and early kidney function after kidney transplantation.Anesth Analg. 2008; 107: 264-269
- Effect of intravenous lactated Ringer's solution infusion on the circulating lactate concentration: Part 3. Results of a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Crit Care Med. 1997; 25: 1851-1854
- Does Intravenous Lactated Ringer's Solution Raise Serum Lactate?.J Emerg Med. 2018; 55: 313-318
- Lactate Elicits ER-Mitochondrial Mg(2+) Dynamics to.Integrate Cellular Metabolism Cell. 2020; 183 (e17): 474-489