Tracheobronchial amyloidosis is a rare disease with approximately 100 cases reported in the literature. We report a case of a 55-year-old female with tracheobronchial amyloidosis and severe progressive disease, managed over a period of 20 years. Our case highlights presentation and management of this rare disease, and would be valuable to the clinicians.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Pulmonary amyloidosis in hematological disorders.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2005; 26 (Oct): 502-513
- Type and distribution of pulmonary parenchymal and vascular amyloid. Correlation with cardiac amyloidosis.Am J Med. 1979; 66: 96-104
- Amyloid and the lower respiratory tract.Thorax. 1983; 38: 84-87
- Endobronchial amyloidosis mimicking bronchial asthma: a case report and review of the literature.Open Med. 2016; 11 (Wars)Jun 9: 174-177
- Respiratory manifestations in amyloidosis.Chin Med J. 2005; 118 (Engl)Dec 20: 2027-2033
- Endoscopic management of laryngo-tracheobronchial amyloidosis: a series of 32 patients.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2003; 260 (Aug): 349-354
- Tracheobronchial amyloidosis. The Boston University experience from 1984 to 1999.Medicine. 2000; 79 (Baltimore)Mar: 69-79
- Pulmonary amyloidosis. The Mayo Clinic experience from 1980 to 1993.Ann Intern Med. 1996; 124 (Feb 15): 407-413
- Outcomes after bronchoscopic procedures for primary tracheobronchial amyloidosis: retrospective study of 6 cases.Pulm Med. 2012; 2012352719
- Tracheobronchial amyloidosis managed with multimodality therapies.Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2014; 8 (Apr): 48-52
Published online: April 12, 2022
Accepted: April 6, 2022
Received: March 21, 2021
© 2022 Southern Society for Clinical Investigation. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.