Key Indexing Terms
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
The CBHSQ Report. Rockville, MD; 2013.
The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research. The National Academies Collection: Reports funded by National Institutes of Health series. Washington, DC; 2017.
- Marijuana legalization: impact on physicians and public health.Annu Rev Med. 2016; 67: 453-466
- Medical marijuana laws in 50 states: investigating the relationship between state legalization of medical marijuana and marijuana use, abuse and dependence.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2012; 120: 22-27
- Cannabis use is an independent predictor for acute myocardial infarction related hospitalization in younger population.J Adolesc Health. 2020; 66: 79-85
- Cannabis abuse and elevated risk of myocardial infarction in the young: a population-based study.Mayo Clin Proc. 2019; 94: 1647-1649
- Cannabis use and acute coronary syndrome.Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2019; 57: 831-841
- Comparing cannabis with tobacco.BMJ. 2003; 326: 942-943
Roy A, Rawal I, Jabbour S, et al. Tobacco and cardiovascular disease: a summary of evidence. In: rd, Prabhakaran D, Anand S, et al., editors. Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Related Disorders. Washington, DC; 2017.
- Decreased prevalence of diabetes in marijuana users: cross-sectional data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) III.BMJ Open. 2012; 2e000494
- Dietary intake and nutritional status of US adult marijuana users: results from the third national health and nutrition examination survey.Public Health Nutr. 2001; 4: 781-786
- 2017 ACC/AHA/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/AGS/APhA/ASH/ASPC/NMA/PCNA guideline for the prevention, detection, evaluation, and management of high blood pressure in adults: executive summary: a report of the American college of cardiology/American heart association task force on clinical practice guidelines.Hypertension. 2018; 71: 1269-1324
- Marijuana dependence and its treatment.Addict Sci Clin Pract. 2007; 4: 4-16
- Brief commentary: marijuana and cardiovascular disease-what should we tell patients?.Ann Intern Med. 2019; 170: 119-120
- Marijuana use and cardiovascular disease.Cardiol Rev. 2016; 24: 158-162
- Cumulative lifetime marijuana use and incident cardiovascular disease in middle age: the coronary artery risk development in young adults (CARDIA) study.Am J Public Health. 2017; 107: 601-606
- Acute coronary syndrome after cannabis use: correlation with quantitative toxicology testing.Am J Emerg Med. 2019; 37: 1007.e1-1007.e4
- Marijuana use and coronary artery disease in young adults.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0228326
- Changes in cannabis potency over the last 2 decades (1995-2014): analysis of current data in the United States.Biol Psychiatry. 2016; 79: 613-619