Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
Kousa O, Essa A, Saleh M, et al. The impact of cardiology consultation on medical intensive care unit patients with elevated troponin levels [In press]. 2020. Published online September 7, 2020.
- Cascades of care after incidental findings in a US National Survey of Physicians.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2e1913325
Januzzi JL. Troponin and BNP Use in COVID-19.https://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardiology/articles/2020/03/18/15/25/troponin-and-bnp-use-in-covid19. Accessed September 14, 2020.
Sandoval Y, Jaffe AS. Key Points About Myocardial Injury and Cardiac Troponin in COVID-19.https://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardiology/articles/2020/07/17/08/00/key-points-about-myocardial-injury-and-cardiac-troponin-in-covid-19. Accessed September 14, 2020.
- High sensitivity troponin measurement in critical care: Flattering to deceive or ‘never means nothing’?.J Intensiv Care Soc. 2020; 21: 232-240
- Elevated cardiac troponin measurements in critically ill patients.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 2446-2454
- Clinical impact of using a more sensitive troponin assay in patients with acute chest pain.Clin Cardiol. 2019; 42: 561-567
- High-sensitivity troponin T testing: consequences on daily clinical practice and effects on diagnosis of myocardial infarction.J Clin Med. 2020; 9: 775
- Assessment and Treatment of Patients With Type 2 myocardial infarction and acute nonischemic myocardial injury.Circulation. 2019; 140: 1661-1678
Critical Care Societies Collaborative. Choosing Wisely. https://www.choosingwisely.org/clinician-lists/#parentSociety=Critical_Care_Societies_Collaborative. Accessed September 17, 2020.
Funding: This work is supported with resources and the use of facilities at the Malcom Randall VAMC. Dr. Winchester is supported by Career Development Award #13-023 from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development (HSR&D) Program.
Disclosures: Contents do not represent the views of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the U.S. Government. The author reports no relationships that could be construed as a conflict of interest.