- Christensen M.B.
- Gotfredsen A.
- Norgaard K
|TDD for insulin||Patient group|
|0.4 unit/kg body weight||- Normal BMI if admission BG 140–200 mg/dl and A1c is controlled|
|0.5 unit/kg body weight||- Normal BMI if admission BG >200 mg/dl and/or A1c is not controlled|
- BMI 25–30
|0.2–0.3 unit/kg body weight||Conditions with high risk of hypoglycemia:|
- Age >70
- Liver disease (AKI or CKD especially on HD)
- Liver disease
|0.6 unit/kg body weight||Conditions associated with Insulin resistance:|
- Glucocorticosteroids therapy.
|BG mg/dL||Units of insulin|
|Daytime: AC||Nighttime: HS||Low dose||Medium dose||High dose|
- Clinical characteristics of coronavirus disease 2019 in China.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 1708-1720
- Practical recommendations for the management of diabetes in patients with COVID-19.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2020; 8: 546-550
- A pragmatic approach to inpatient diabetes management during the COVID-19 pandemic.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020;
- Individualizing inpatient diabetes management during the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic.J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2020; 14: 705-707
- Diabetes care in the hospital: standards of medical care in diabetes-2020.Diabetes Care. 2020; 43: S193-202
- Inpatient management of hyperglycemia and diabetes.Clin Diabetes. 2011; 29: 3-9
- Management of hyperglycemia in hospitalized patients in non-critical care setting: an endocrine society clinical practice guideline.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012; 97: 16-38
- Efficacy of basal-bolus insulin regimens in the inpatient management of non-critically ill patients with type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2017; 33: e2885
- Randomized study of basal-bolus insulin therapy in the inpatient management of patients with type 2 diabetes undergoing general surgery (RABBIT 2 surgery).Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 256-261
- Efficacy of sitagliptin for the hospital management of general medicine and surgery patients with type 2 diabetes (Sita-Hospital): a multicentre, prospective, open-label, non-inferiority randomised trial.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2017; 5: 125-133
- Glycaemic efficacy and safety of linagliptin for the management of non-cardiac surgery patients with type 2 diabetes in a real-world setting: Lina-Surg study.Ann Med. 2019; 51: 252-261
- Glycaemic efficacy and safety of linagliptin compared to basal-bolus insulin regimen in patients with Type 2 diabetes undergoing non-cardiac surgery: a multicenter randomized clinical trial.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2018;
- Heart failure hospitalization with DPP-4 inhibitors: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2019; 23: 128-133
- Debate on insulin vs non-insulin use in the hospital setting-is it time to revise the guidelines for the management of inpatient diabetes?.Curr Diab Rep. 2019; 19: 65
The authors have no conflict of interest or sources of funding to disclose.