Materials and Methods
Key Indexing Terms
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
- Risk factors for renal dysfunction in type 2 diabetes: U.K. prospective diabetes study 74.Diabetes. 2006; 55: 1832-1839
- Patterns of renal injury in NIDDM patients with microalbuminuria.Diabetologia. 1996; 39: 1569-1576
- The modern spectrum of renal biopsy findings in patients with diabetes.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013; 8: 1718-1724
- Zimmet P Changing epidemiology of type 2 diabetes mellitus and associated chronic kidney disease.Nat Rev Nephrol. 2016; 12: 73-81
- Pathologic classification of diabetic nephropathy.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 21: 556-563
- Renal prognosis a long time after renal biopsy on patients with diabetic nephropathy.Nephrology, Dialysis, Transplantation: Official Publication of the European Dialysis and Transplant Association. 29. European Renal Association, 2014: 109-118
- Renal histologic changes and the outcome in patients with diabetic nephropathy.Nephrology, Dialysis, Transplantation: Official Publication of the European Dialysis and Transplant Association. 30. European Renal Association, 2015: 257-266
- Clinical implications of linear immunofluorescent staining for immunoglobulin G in patients with diabetic nephropathy.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2014; 106: 522-530
- Complement activation accelerates glomerular injury in diabetic rats.Nephron. 1999; 81: 208-214
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
- Diabetic glomerulonephropathy: histopathologic, immunofluorescent, and ultrastructural studies of 16 cases.Hum Pathol. 1982; 13: 470-478
- The natural history of immunoglobulin M nephropathy in adults.Nephrology, Dialysis, Transplantation: Official Publication of the European Dialysis and Transplant Association. 32. European Renal Association, 2017: 823-829
- Clinical significance of IgM and C3 glomerular deposition in primary focal segmental glomerulosclerosis.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016; 11: 1582-1589
- Diabetes is associated with autoimmunity in the New Zealand obese (NZO) mouse.Diabetes. 1980; 29: 835-840
Yamada N, Hashimoto N, Kamiie J, et al. Relationship between immunoglobulin deposition and early lesions of progressive glomerulonephropathy in young common marmosets. Vet Pathol. 2018;55:173–6.
- Serum anti-collagen type IV IgM antibodies and development of diabetic nephropathy in diabetics with essential hypertension.Cent Eur J Immunol. 2016; 41: 86-92
- IgM exacerbates glomerular disease progression in complement-induced glomerulopathy.Kidney Int. 2015; 88: 528-537
- Urine IgM-excretion as a prognostic marker for progression of type 2 diabetic nephropathy.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2012; 95: 139-144
- Higher urinary IgM excretion in type 2 diabetic nephropathy compared to type 1 diabetic nephropathy.Kidney Int. 2002; 61: 203-208
- Aberrant recruitment and activation of T cells in diabetic nephropathy.Am J Nephrol. 2012; 35: 164-174
- B cells promote insulin resistance through modulation of T cells and production of pathogenic IgG antibodies.Nat Med. 2011; 17: 610-617
- B cells promote inflammation in obesity and type 2 diabetes through regulation of T-cell function and an inflammatory cytokine profile.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2013; 110: 5133-5138
- Normalization of obesity-associated insulin resistance through immunotherapy.Nat Med. 2009; 15: 921-929
- Rituximab, B-lymphocyte depletion, and preservation of beta-cell function.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 2143-2152
- Treatment with CD20-specific antibody prevents and reverses autoimmune diabetes in mice.J Clin Invest. 2007; 117: 3857-3867
- Antibody-mediated extreme insulin resistance: a report of three cases.Am J Med. 2018; 131: 102-106
- Classical pathway of complement activation in normal and diseased human glomeruli.Kidney Int. 1989; 36: 1069-1077
- IgM contributes to glomerular injury in FSGS.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013; 24: 393-406
- Histopathological and immunopathological studies on renal involvement in non-obese diabetic (NOD) mice.Nihon Jinzo Gakkai shi. 1989; 31: 1011-1019
- Renal C3 complement component: feed forward to diabetic kidney disease.Am J Nephrol. 2015; 41: 48-56
- C3a and C5a receptor antagonists ameliorate endothelial-myofibroblast transition via the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway in diabetic kidney disease.Metabolism. 2015; 64: 597-610
Conflict of interest: The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Funding: This study was funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Number 81670662), Sichuan Science and Technology Program (Grant number 2016FZ0117).