Key Indexing Terms
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
- Effects of denosumab and calcitriol on severe secondary hyperparathyroidism in dialysis patients with low bone mass.J Clin Endocrin Metab. 2015; 100: 2784-2792
- A study of the biological receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand inhibitor, denosumab, in patients with multiple myeloma or bone metastases from breast cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2006; 12: 1221-1228
- Severe hypocalcemia following denosumab injection in a hemodialysis patient.Am J Kidney Dis. 2012; 60: 626-628
- Risk factors for symptomatic hypocalcaemia complicating treatment with zoledronic acid.Int Med J. 2008; 38: 635-637
- Denosumab‐associated hypocalcaemia: incidence, severity and patient characteristics in a tertiary hospital setting.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Safety. 2016; 25: 1274-1278
Amgen. Prolia general package insert Thousand Oaks, CA. Amgen2011.
Xgeva. Package Insert Thousand Oaks, CA: Amgen Inc. 2010.
- Denosumab: A comprehensive review.South Asian J Cancer. 2013; 2: 272
- Are osteoclasts needed for the bone anabolic response to parathyroid hormone? A study of intermittent parathyroid hormone with denosumab or alendronate in knock-in mice expressing humanized RANKL.J Biol Chem. 2010; 285: 28164-28173
- Prostate cancer cells-osteoblast interaction shifts expression of growth/survival-related genes in prostate cancer and reduces expression of osteoprotegerin in osteoblasts.Clin Cancer Res. 2003; 9: 2587-2597
- Severe symptomatic hypocalcemia after denosumab administration in an end-stage renal disease patient on peritoneal dialysis with controlled secondary hyperparathyroidism.Br J Med Medical Res. 2013; 3: 1398-1406
- Effects of denosumab on fracture and bone mineral density by level of kidney function.J Bone Mineral Res. 2011; 26: 1829-1835
- Hypocalcaemia in patients with metastatic bone disease treated with denosumab.Eu J Cancer. 2015; 51: 1812-1821
- Severe hypocalcemia due to denosumab in metastatic prostate cancer.Case Reports Nephrol. 2014;
- Denosumab-Induced Severe Hypocalcemia in a Patient with Crohn′s Disease.J Academic Hosp Med. 2014; 6
- A phase I study of AMGN‐0007, a recombinant osteoprotegerin construct, in patients with multiple myeloma or breast carcinoma related bone metastases.Cancer. 2003; 97: 887-892
- Hypocalcemia post denosumab in patients with chronic kidney disease stage 4-5.Am J Nephrol. 2015; 41: 129-137
- Update on fibroblast growth factor 23 in chronic kidney disease.Kidney Int. 2012; 82: 737-747
- Persisting Hypocalcemia After Surgical Parathyroidectomy: The Differential Effectiveness of Calcium Citrate Versus Calcium Carbonate With Acid Suppression.Am J Med Sci. 2017; 353: 82-86
- Osteoporosis Diagnosis and Management in Long-Term Care Facility.Am J Med Sci. 2015; 350: 357-363
Group KDIGOC-MW. KDIGO clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis, evaluation, prevention, and treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease-Mineral and Bone Disorder (CKD-MBD). Kidney Int Suppl. 2009(113):S1.
- Fragility fractures in chronic kidney disease: an opinion-based approach.Clev Clinic J Med. 2009; 76: 715-723
☆The authors alone are responsible for the content and writing of the paper. This study did not receive any research funding. Dr. Fülöp is a former employee of FMC Hungary; notwithstanding, the views and opinions expressed herewith do not reflect the official opinion of Fresenius Medical Care, Hungary. The rest of the authors have no disclosures or conflicts of interest to report.