Key Indexing Terms
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
- Early severe acute pancreatitis: characteristics of a new subgroup.Pancreas. 2001; 22: 274-278
- Fulminant acute pancreatitis and infected necrosis: results of open management of the abdomen and “planned” reoperations.J Am Coll Surg. 1998; 187: 255-262
- Cytokines and organ failure in acute pancreatitis: inflammatory response in acute pancreatitis.Pancreas. 2012; 41: 271-277
- Inflammation and immunosuppression in severe acute pancreatitis.World J Gastroenterol. 2010; 16: 2867-2872
- A clinically based classification system for acute pancreatitis.Summary of the International Symposium on Acute Pancreatitis, Atlanta, Ga, September 11 through 13, 1992. Arch Surg. 1993; 128 (3rd): 586-590
- Pancreatitis associated with pancreatic carcinoma. Preoperative diagnosis: role of CT imaging in detection and evaluation.Pancreatology. 2005; 5: 330-344
- New diagnostic criteria of acute pancreatitis.Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2010; 17: 24-36
- Differential roles of inflammatory cells in pancreatitis.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012; 27: 47-51
- Intra-abdominal hypertension in patients with severe acute pancreatitis.Crit Care. 2005; 9: R452-7
- Association between early systemic inflammatory response, severity of multiorgan dysfunction and death in acute pancreatitis.Br J Surg. 2006; 93: 738-744
- Clinical relevance of intra-abdominal hypertension in patients with severe acute pancreatitis.Pancreas. 2008; 36: 39-43
- Gene targeting demonstrates additive detrimental effects of interleukin 1 and tumor necrosis factor during pancreatitis.Gastroenterology. 1997; 113: 1741-1746
- Amelioration of the physiologic and biochemical changes of acute pancreatitis using an anti-TNF-alpha polyclonal antibody.Am J Surg. 1994; 167: 214-218
- Calcium channel blockade inhibits release of TNF alpha and improves survival in a rat model of acute pancreatitis.Pancreas. 1996; 13: 22-28
- Proinflammatory cytokines in early assessment of the prognosis of acute pancreatitis.Am J Gastroenterol. 1999; 94: 213-218
- Interleukin-10 therapy—review of a new approach.Pharmacol Rev. 2003; 55: 241-269
- Somatostatin and octreotide on the treatment of acute pancreatitis—basic and clinical studies for three decades.Curr Pharm Des. 2011; 17: 1594-1601
- Comparison of integrated Chinese and Western medicine with and without somatostatin supplement in the treatment of severe acute pancreatitis.World J Gastroenterol. 2005; 11: 1073-1076
- Inhibitory effects of somatostatin on tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced interleukin-6 secretion in human pancreatic periacinar myofibroblasts.Int J Mol Med. 2002; 10: 89-93
- Role of ulinastatin in preventing post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography pancreatitis: the Emperor’s New Clothes or Aladdin’s Magic Lamp?.Pancreas. 2010; 39: 1231-1237
- Comparison between ulinastatin and gabexate mesylate for the prevention of post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography pancreatitis: a prospective, randomized trial.J Gastroenterol. 2007; 42: 161-167
- Protective effects of ulinastatin on proliferation and cytokine release of splenocytes from rats with severe acute pancreatitis.Eur Surg Res. 2006; 38: 445-450
- Preventive effect of ulinastatin and gabexate mesylate on post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography pancreatitis.Chin Med J (Engl). 2010; 23: 2600-2606
- Protective effects of Salvia miltiorrhiza on multiple organs of rats with obstructive jaundice.Mediators Inflamm. 2009; 2009: 602935
- Lipid-soluble extracts from Salvia miltiorrhiza inhibit production of LPS-induced inflammatory mediators via NF-κB modulation in RAW 264.7 cells and perform antiinflammatory effects in vivo. Phytother Res. 2012; 26: 1195-1204
Disclosure: The authors have no direct relationship with any of the companies mentioned in this article, either by employment or by receiving research grants.
This study was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (81071594) and the National Natural Science Foundation of Science and Technology Hall of Jiangxi Province, China (20091391308000).